The "embed code" is a block of HTML
which is placed into the page-source and by
doing so creates an object (a player).
- secureCode: This is the unique
identifier for your Asset TV player
allowing control of the content available
in the player and to record MI (management
information) specific to that
- region: This will be set when the
code is supplied to you and will either be
'UK' or 'US' depending on your
- containerId: this can be set to
anything you wish providing you update the
div id at the end of the above code to
match it. You may wish to alter this if
other objects on the page have already
used 'player' for it's ID.
- videoID: This variable specifies
which video should be played when the site
loads - this should be included with your
embed code when supplied.
- autoplay (optional): This lets the player know if it should
start the content once loaded, or wait for
the viewer to click to view. It can be
toggled between 'true' (will play once
loaded) or 'false' (await user
- skipTo (optional): The skipTo property allows
the content to begin at a specific point
within the video. The value
of skipTo defines the amount of
seconds that is to be skipped. For
example, skipTo: 120; would start the
video 2 minutes in. This property can
be overridden in the URL
with ?skipTo=30 meaning you can
provide links that take the viewer to
exact moments in the video you wanted
- Size - Width/Height (optional): width and
height allows you to override the player
dimensions set out by the site module.
It's useful when CSS has overridden
heights and widths.
- First, you need to place the embed script that was supplied to you within the <head></head> tag of your webpage.
- Then, you need to create a div with an
"id" within your <body></body> tags at
the location you would like this video to
appear. The script will reference the
div ID name. e.g <div
- Next you need to set the containerID
in the script we placed in the <head> tag to the same
as the div id. For example, we set <div id="player"></div> - therefore we need to set containerID
The following is an example embed code with the
videoID '####'. Please note, if you do not
follow the format shown below your media may
not display properly.